As the Government of India has re-opened scheduled operations from and to India, in the Summer 2022 season, Air India Express has commenced its full schedule w.e.f. 27th March 2022.
Operating with a fleet of 24 Boeing 737-800 NG aircraft, the Airline will have 603 weekly departures in the new schedule, as against 513 departures per week operated before the commencement of the Summer 2022 schedule.
Air India Express has introduced Jeddah and Kuala Lumpur as new destinations when compared with the pre-covid schedule. In addition to this, a number of Indian points have been added to the Air India Express network.
The main features of the Air India Express schedule in Summer 2022 are as under:
- Restoration of 80 flights/week from India to Dubai: Air India Express has restored full operations from Kozhikode, Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram, Mangalore, Trichy, Amritsar, Jaipur, Lucknow, Delhi and Mumbai to Dubai vv as it existed during the pre-covid period.
2. New flights as compared with the pre-covid schedule:
• 4 weekly services from Amritsar to Sharjah vv
• Daily flights from Delhi to Sharjah vv
• Twice weekly service from Chennai to Sharjah vv
• Twice weekly service from Sharjah to Vijayawada
• Once weekly service from Trichy to Abu Dhabi vv
• One additional flight a week from Kannur to Muscat vv taking the total to 4 flights/week
• One weekly flight from Hyderabad & Vijayawada to Muscat vv
• Once weekly service from Muscat to Bangalore
• One weekly flight from Salalah to Kannur
• Direct flights from Mangalore and Kannur to Kuwait
• Once weekly flight from Kuwait to Vijayawada
• Jeddah flights that were introduced during the Covid pandemic would be continued.
Operations to Jeddah include 4 weekly flights
Kozhikode to Jeddah, 2 weekly flights
Mumbai to Jeddah, 2 weekly flights
Lucknow to Jeddah and one weekly flight Kochi to Jeddah
• Kuala Lumpur which was one of the destinations on the Air India Express network a few years ago, was re-introduced during Covid 19 as Air India Express operated VBM flights from Kuala Lumpur to various Indian points. In the Summer 2022 schedule, Air India Express will operate 3 weekly flights from Trichy to Kuala Lumpur. Besides, Madurai / Singapore flights have been reintroduced twice a week.
With the above blend of the pre-covid schedule and learnings from the operations during the pandemic, Air India Express is set to further expand its services and reach to/from India at competitive fares.
With a fleet size comprising 24 Boeing 737 – 800 NG aircraft, the Airline flies to 15 International and 19 Indian destinations.