Here are 8 tips to help you fly smarter
‘Fly smarter’ is the new norm for those who dare to experiment and explore fresh possibilities to make air travel smoother and less stressful. Along with its popularity, flying has become more challenging. But a little planning can make all the difference. Here are 8 tips to help you fly smarter.
1. Fill up your stomach
Eat a meal before your flight. This will give you some extra energy for the trip. Avoid eating items that could upset you. Choose a meal which is light and healthy. Keep yourself hydrated. It’s best to keep some water handy. While, sometimes, you may not be allowed to carry liquids through the security checkpoint, you can buy them once you’re inside the terminal. Airlines also serve water.
2. Stay organized
Pack your bag like a pro. A minimalist approach to packing will make you more comfortable and more mobile. Know the baggage rules beforehand. Keep the items you’ll need during the flight, handy and easily accessible. Don’t pack your in-flight essentials at the bottom of your bag.
Make use of mobile applications like TripIt, which will help to keep all your information in one place.
3. Wear comfortable outfits
An experienced flyer knows that it takes a combination of factors to have a positive travel experience. One of them, undoubtedly, is wearing a comfortable outfit. The best travel clothes are those that won’t slow down your airport stride or make you uncomfortable in your seat. They should also keep you fresh, warm and relaxed.
4. Customize your baggage
Make your bags easily recognizable with a colourful ribbon, a unique patch or a large sticker.
5. Remember your flight number
Knowing your flight number can make it easier for you at airports, in case the information boards do not list the full names of destination airports.
6. Choose your food online
Air India Express allows you to pre-book your meal. To choose from the 15 special meals on the menu, vegetarian or non-vegetarian, check out the menu here
7. Be thorough with the baggage rules
For hassle-free journey, one needs to be thorough with the baggage rules of the airline.
- While travelling by Air India Express, a passenger can pre-book the extra luggage in 5 kg and 10 kg slabs, through our website. You can buy excess baggage while booking your ticket or thereafter, by going to the ‘manage my booking’ option on the website, www.airindiaexpress.in, and carry more than your free baggage allowance. You can also buy excess baggage at Air India Express city booking offices or through our 24 x 7 Call Centre.
- Infants are entitled to 10 kilos baggage, free of charge.
- The sum of the 3 dimensions (length + breadth + height) must not exceed 62 inches or 158 centimetres for each piece of Baggage.
- Each passenger (excluding infants) is allowed to carry one small piece of hand luggage (Carry-On Baggage) of dimension 55 cm X 35 cm X 25 cm, which must not exceed 7 kilos.
- In addition to this, each passenger shall be permitted an additional laptop carried in a laptop Bag.
- Carry-on baggage and checked-in baggage allowances cannot be combined.
- Power bank, lighter, coconut, party poppers, Segways, valuables should not be carried in check-in baggage.
- Passport & other documents, medicine, cash & credit cards, Jewellery and other valuables, phone and other handy electronics and medicines should be carried in hand baggage.
8. Reserve your seat before travel
You can select a seat of your choice while making your booking or purchase it later from the ‘Express Extras’ option, on our website. You may also reserve your seat by visiting the City Office or by contacting our Call Centre.