United Arab Emirates
For FAQs, travel updates, and downloadable forms for travel between India and UAE, click here.
General Information for International Passengers
Passport information and Passenger Contact Details are mandatory while making bookings.
Health Declaration Form to be filled in by all International Passengers arriving at Indian airports except Cochin.
Health Declarations and Affidavit to be filled in by all international Passengers arriving at Cochin International Airport.
Passengers are requested to fill all the three and submit on arrival into CIAL.
Forms to be filled by Passengers of Repatriation Flights:
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for international travellers reaching Kerala.
To Download SOP, Click Here.
Air India Express is operating special flights for repatriation of Indian citizens from the Gulf & South-East Asia to India commencing 7 May 2020.
Subject to the criteria and eligibility criteria laid down by destination country, travel is also permitted from India to some of these countries and passengers can book their flights through our website or through their travel agents.
Passengers will be travelling at their own risk and are required to read the terms and conditions of travel carefully before making a reservation. Criteria for travel should also be checked by referring to the conditions on the respective countries regulatory website.
Air India Express will not be responsible if a passenger is denied entry into the destination country and they will have to bear the cost of penalty/deportation if any. Quarantine charges at the time of arrival at the destination will have to be borne by the passenger. Passenger must ensure that they comply with all travel and health requirements of the destination country.
At the time of boarding the flight, passengers will have to undergo thermal screening as per health protocol. Only asymptomatic travellers would be allowed to board the flight.
For safe travel of passengers in relation to COVID-19, Bureau of Civil Aviation Security, India is now permitting passengers to carry 350 ml liquid sanitizer in the cabin baggage for travel within India and for outbound flights from India up to 12th August 2020. Carriage of other liquid items/gel/paste or items of similar consistency is restricted to 100 ml.
While making a booking on these flights passenger accepts the terms and conditions associated with the travel on these flights. Air India Express has no liability for the same.
The following forms are required to be filled by passenger
Undertaking for risk of travel and quarantine cost
Deportation cost undertaking
As per the notification received on 31st July, 2020, from DGCA, India, all scheduled international commercial passenger services stand suspended till 23:59 IST of 31st August 2020.
Sultanate of Oman
As per the latest notification received from Sultanate of Oman, Omani Nationals can enter Oman and Non-Omanis are allowed to enter Oman only under a permit issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs via their embassy or sponsor.
All passengers must download and start the registration process on the Tarassud+ application before arrival as well as pay an amount of OMR 5 to obtain a tracking bracelet to wear during quarantine.
*Omani Nationals will be subjected to 14 days domestic quarantine.
*Non-Omanis will be subjected to 14 days institutional quarantine.
All visitors are required to have health insurance valid for the full duration of their stay in Oman.
State of Qatar
Any Indian National who has registered on the website of the Embassy of India, Doha and fulfills the required entry conditions and desires to be repatriated by Vande Bharat Mission (VBM) flights from Qatar to India, can now book their tickets and purchase prepaid excess baggage by visiting our website www.airindiaexpress.in or through our authorized Travel Agents for travel effective 01st August 2020.
Effective 01st August, along with Qatari nationals, Returning Resident Permit holders of Qatar can travel after obtaining an Exceptional Entry Permit to Return from Qatar Government Portal, the link provided below: https://portal.www.gov.qa/wps/portal/qsports/services/servicetDetail/exceptionalentrypermittoqatarservice
Returning Resident Permit holders after obtaining the Exceptional Entry Permit to Return to Qatar MUST:
1. Install EHTERAZ app in their mobile phones
2. Book a quarantine hotel for one week through “Discover Qatar”, before arriving at Qatar
3. A PCR test will be taken upon arrival in Qatar OR Passenger may carry a negative COVID-19 PCR test not less than 48 hours prior departure from an accredited Medical Centre in India.
For more information regarding quarantine/ accredited medical centres overseas, you can refer to Ministry of public Health, Qatar website https://covid19.moph.gov.qa/EN/Precautions-for-lifting-restrictions/Pages/default.aspx
State of Kuwait
Presently Air India Express does not operate Vande Bharat Mission flights to Kuwait.
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Presently Air India Express does not operate Vande Bharat Mission flights to Saudi Arabia
Kingdom of Bahrain
The Kingdom of Bahrain has currently suspended carriage of passengers from India to Bahrain till further notice.
Indian nationals belonging to certain category / status are permitted to enter Malaysia. Details of such categories are available on the link https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/latest-news/announcement/
All passengers travelling to Malaysia MUST:
1. Sign Letter of Undertaking and Indemnity (LoU) (not required for Malaysian Nationals)
– Download and complete the LoU through the following links: – Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Malaysia: www.kln.gov.my
– National Disaster Management Agency of Malaysia: www.nadma.gov.my – Immigration Department of Malaysia: www.imi.gov.my
– Ministry of Health of Malaysia: www.moh.gov.my – Ministry of Transport of Malaysia: www.mot.gov.my
– Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture of Malaysia: www.motac.gov.my
2. Obtain Notice of Travel to Malaysia from an accredited Malaysian Diplomatic Mission in Delhi/ Mumbai/ Chennai (not required for Malaysian Nationals)
Applicants must submit the relevant documents along with the completed LoU via e-mail to atleast three (3) days prior to the departure to Malaysia. The respective Malaysian Diplomatic Mission will issue a Notice of Travel to Malaysia by e-mail, subject to approval.
Mail ID for passengers travelling from:
South India : email@example.com
Delhi : firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Present Notice of Travel to airlines and the Immigration Department of Malaysia
The Notice of Travel issued by the Malaysian Diplomatic Mission should be handed over upon checking-in to the flight. For non-citizens, the failure to present the Notice of Travel will be denied from boarding.
4. Download, activate and register MySejahtera application
MySejahtera application can be downloaded from Apple Appstore, Google Playstore and Huawei App Gallery. Essential information such as travel details (time and date, flight information) and health declaration must be registered a day prior to the journey.
Transit Passengers will be permitted to travel ONLY:
– Transit time is WITHIN 48 hours
– Hand Baggage weighing 7 kgs and fits into the overhead bins. Check-in baggage will not be allowed.
– Confirmed onward ticket and permission for entry into destination is mandatory.
– Transit without leaving the Transit Hall.
– Passengers must book and stay at Sama-Sama Express Hotel, KLIA located at Satellite Building at KLIA near C5 gate for Transit above 24 hours.
*Transit passengers are required to check the Government Website of the destination country for the latest updates on transit procedure.
Passengers Travelling to Hong Kong MUST have:
• A valid Negative Nucleic Acid Test for COVID-19, sample for which within 72 hours before the scheduled time of departure from Kuala Lumpur to Hong Kong.
• The report must have the passenger name and identity card or passport number.
• A letter issued by the local Government certifying the laboratory/healthcare institution is recognized or approved by the Government.
• Confirmation of room reservation in a hotel in Hong Kong for not less than 14 days starting on the date of arrival.
Indian nationals belonging to certain category / status are permitted to enter Singapore. Details of such categories are available on the link https://www.ica.gov.sg/covid-19
*Transfer / Transit passengers are NOT accepted.
The Governments of the respective countries will continuously evaluate the measures which are only temporary. For updated information, please check with the respective country’s Govt. or Ministry websites.